Dealing with WordPress’ Subversion (SVN) system for publishing plugins is, let’s just say, less than user friendly. Why can’t I just upload a zip file? Anyway, figuring out the command line stuff can be no fun at first. So I hope the 8-step snippet below will help you get a jump start on WordPress SVN plugin publishing and make your first publication a smooth deployment.
Steps to SVN-ify Your WordPress Plugin
1) Navigate to your local WordPress plugin repository…
Get to a command prompt and navigate to your plugin’s folder.
2) Update the local WordPress plugin Repo…
3) Back up a bit…
4) Check Out…
svn co https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/simple-file-list/ wp-ee-simple-file-list
5) Analyze (Optional)
Get Status of Repo
6) Add New Plugin Files (if applicable)
svn add trunk/* (or a filename)
7) Tag the New WordPress Plugin Version…
svn cp trunk tags/1.2.3
8) Check In Your Changes to the Plugin…
svn ci -m “Simple File List 2 – Major Release”
That is it! Your changes are available instantly.